Maria is an experienced yoga teacher and continuing education provider (E-RYT 500/ YACEP). She offers group yoga (and meditation) classes in Mallorca’s beautiful nature, private yoga classes all over the Island, yoga retreats and continuing yoga teacher training. She loves teaching with a focus on the chakras and the elements and her aim is to connect you with yourself again and help you to experience more consciousness and inner peace.
What did you have for breakfast today?
Granola, fruits and coconut milk.
What does your morning routine look like?
Since we adopted another dog, the first thing I do is take the pack to Bellver forest so they can have some fun before it gets hot and at the same time, I can connect to Mother Earth. After that, I try to get my morning ritual in which consists of 5mins nadi shodhana, 20mins Japa Meditation and chanting hanuman Chalisa. When I am teaching in the early morning I’ll do my ritual after this or later in the day.
What is your number one health habit?
Meditation. It’s my saviour whenever life becomes overwhelming. Also the use of essential oils.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate and cake, everything sweet!
What’s one book or podcast you’d recommend everyone read/listen to?
There are so many:
- Everything by Eckhart Tolle especially A New Earth
- Momo by Michael Ende
- Discover your Soul Signature by Panache Desai
In Mallorca, where is your favourite place to:
- De-stress: The sea & Bellver forest, the places where I teach my classes
- Move: Horseback riding at Rancho Fino Mallorca Animal Rescue
- Shop: There’s a lovely little boutique I love in San Telmo. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name. It’s at the end of the small shopping street.
- Dine: My favourite restaurant is a well-kept secret in the southwest of the island and I hope I won’t regret sharing it, it’s Can Bibiloni. As in cafe culture, I love Coco’s Deli, Elefante and Ziva
- Stay: Finca S’Almundaina