Tell us a little bit about your work?
I’m the founder and creative director of A’DISTRACTION. A´DISTRACTION. offers a curated lifestyle collection of timeless luxury everyday essentials & exclusive yoga couture – made by hand, with love in Mallorca.
What did you have for breakfast today?
An almond croissant & cafe con leche from my favourite – Thomas Bakeshop, enjoyed on the cliffs of hotel Bendinat after a morning swim with a friend.
What does your morning routine look like?
After many years of travelling for work with early morning flights, I prefer to wake up no earlier than 8am ? I always start with a glass of water, followed by a nice shower to wake up the body. Then breakfast – normally greek yoghurt with fruits and nuts and a coffee.
On days with exercise (morning swims, kickboxing or yoga) I prefer to enjoy breakfast after my workout.
What are your most important health habits?
To eat ginger & pomegranate.
To surround myself with inspiring people, friends and family.
To spend time in solitude every now and then in nature/by the sea.
To dance & listen to great music.
To practice yoga/morning swims/kickboxing/horse riding a few times per week.
To eat well and in good company. If possible organic and/or local produce
What is your guilty pleasure?
Croissants ? :
Almond croissants – Thomas Bakeshop
Hazelnut or pain au chocolate with dark chocolate and sea salt croissant from Lluis Perez ??
What’s one book or podcast you’d recommend everyone read/listen to?
Oprah Winfrey’s Supersoul Conversations
In Mallorca, where is your favourite place to:
- De-stress: Somewhere by the ocean or in the mountains. I love Cala Agulla, Colonia Sant Jordi, Cala Deia
- Move: Can I choose Ibiza? If so Blue Marlin on a Sunday (post covid), dancing in the sunset surrounded by the ocean, cliffs, boats and beautiful people to the beats of the best DJ’s.
- Shop: I love the concept stores Deguayhause and Oma project. For clothes, I mainly try to use my own production of clothes – A’DISTRACTION. Otherwise, brands that are sustainable and items with good quality that I can use for many years. For fresh produce, Fruits Frutería Progresso in Santa Catalina.
- Dine: There are so many delicious places to eat so hard to choose only one, but I really love Vagabundos by Balagan which is owned by friends of mine. Ventuno, Rikito and Rosamunda are other favourites. I also love the tacos from Seven Machos to go, enjoying them with a beer next to the windmill in Santa Catalina. In summertime Ponderosa Beach, and all-year-round picnics on the beach!
- Stay: I love everything about Hotel Sant Francesc & Cal Reiet.