You can slather on all the night creams and vitamin C serums in the world, but keeping your body looking and feeling young starts with your lifestyle. Eating the right foods, getting enough sleep, and of course exercising the right way are crucial elements to aging gracefully.
For many of us the motivation to exercise and get moving gets more difficult and daunting as we get older. If you’re a healthy person in general, you probably have an idea of how important exercise is to keep your body strong and healthy as you age. But how exactly does exercise aid the body in the aging process?
1. Decreased resting heart rate: your heart will pump more efficiently at rest
2. Decreased exercising heart rate: your heart will work more efficiently when you are exercising allowing you to go further, harder and faster
3. More energy and confidence
4. Increased mobility and decreased joint pain
5. Mental clarity and a positive feeling of well-being
6. Improved body composition and utilization of body fat for fuel
7. Increased metabolism and enhanced lean body mass
8. Positive hormonal impact and body regulations, including sleep and circadian rhythm
These are just a few reasons out of a million as to why we should be out there moving our bodies.
We are so lucky to live on such a beautiful island with endless ways to explore and be active. It’s never too late to get out there and find adventure! I would love to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Take control today and contact me to find out how and where to explore and get fit here in Mallorca.
About the author
Katie has a lifetime worth of experience in health and wellness and has worked globally including LA, Vancouver and Seattle. She not only focuses on nutrition and exercise but also blood work, over-all health analysis. Add to that, heart rate variability, sleeping, oxygen therapy/ altitude training, papimi and other treatments. She has a whole host of tools to ensure a 360’ approach to having you feeling the best you can.